Friday, June 17, 2011

Garage Sales... Are they Worth it?

Garage sales... are they worth it? Some times I tend to ponder this question. Do you make very much for all the time you put in... not really! I get rid of lots more stuff and so do the kids. We always chose a large item for the family to get with our earned money. One time we got a Wii and another everyone got new bikes. This time we are going for a pool or trampoline, getting to the point where we may have to take a vote! Maybe would could get both :) Iknow that if I was just getting rid of the stuff I would not get rid of as much stuff, but making a little money always makes it worth it a little more. After we do give most of it away but there are a few items we price higher and if it sells great, but if not we may take it back into the house. We have gone through every room of the house and we have helped the kids go through their rooms. They are more willing to part with things if they know they will get a little something out of it. Neither Rob or I are keepers, that is the good thing about moving we are able to constantly purge through our stuff. In our zealous I am just hoping we are not making hoarder out of our children. Alayna is our closest one to that end of the spectrum, while Mason and Caleb see the value of getting rid of all the little stuff in return for the bigger things. I thing Alayna's is a girl thing... But Torrance made that for me ( a sheet of paper with their names on it!) So do you garage sale? How do you price items??? We tend to price on how badly we want to get rid of them! I like to make some $$ off of my kids clothes fetish. Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment