Monday, February 7, 2011

How has God Blessed your socks off

I know cannot believe I am writing twice in one day. I know it amazes me too. The last few months when we moved to Vincennes we very quickly got involved in our community, but did not find a Church we loved. WE settled on one the kids liked, but we really weren't connected. I believe that God places people, places and events in our lives on purpose and sometimes just picks us up literally and puts us on His track. So many times in my life when I have wondered why the most... He has blessed us the most. See my last post to see the most recent time, but there have been many!!!! So I thought that I would start sharing them with you. I will start with 3 that happened in Lincoln, IL and share others as God places them on my heart. One was the First home we found to rent in Lincoln... I was soooo against renting a house, it was just the 3 of us and I thought that an apartment would do. With Caleb not yet born some of the house responsibilities scared me. But as usual Rob talked me into it. Little did I know that God had great plans for us in that house. We met lifelong friends because of that house. Some were our neighbors and other because our neighbors took us to Church with them. Amazing how a simple house selection impacted not only my life, but my kids have some of their most cherished friends from the people we met by living there. And to come full circle one of the same neighbors moved near us when we lived in Arkansas and we got to reconnect with them there.

Another time I did something crazy while we were still in Lincoln and answered an ad for someone wanting part time child care. I thought sure some extra money and it would not hurt to meet them. But who really answers an ad like that and who places an add, those things are done by word of mouth right?!? Again God brought another life friend into my life.

Lastly I want to share another life Friend I met through God's hand. WE moved into a house we were planning to buy before closing... I know big mistake. It had some huge sewer problem, that we paid a lot to fix, we were going to buy this house!!! SO we went to close and there was a huge lien on the house... so we did not buy it, but put lots of $$$ into it :( Why I asked, but I knew the answer. God blessed us with some awesome friends that we met that lived across the street.

Every time we head home we try to connect with each one of these friends and I know that we will always keep in touch one way or another. God is amazing and just when you want to ask WHY??? look around and you will probably have your answer. Check back for more ways that God has blessed us and feel free to share how he has blessed you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment