Monday, February 7, 2011

I think we finally found an awesome Church

Ok I have not been good about writing. I am so excited!!! I think we found our Church in Vincennes. It is the The First Church of God in Vincennes. It seems to have the perfect combination for us. Great Children's programs, a preacher who will step on your toes a little, contemporary worship, alter prayer, the Lord's Prayer and Doxology(been missing some litergy). We felt more welcome in a day, than the months we have been at a much larger Church. I just think we are not big Church people. Since we live farther from family, we like to have an intimate Church family. Love how they introduced Communion with scripture. Right now we are going through a story form of the Bible. We have parts we are to read at home and then we discuss them in small groups, the kids classes and the sermon is preached on it. We did the Ten Commandment this past week. I love knowing that my kids are learning the same things we are... great family discussions. They have children's Church, but yet include the children in the beginning part of the Reg service. They have many youth and children's programs. I really feel that it was a God thing. HE has always blessed our sock off when we ask. We have not been great about going to Church which is not normal for us, but we were not excited about the Church we were attending. I really started praying about and that God would either help us find something else or give me peace about where we were at because the kids like it there(it is fun for them, but not sure what they are getting out of it spiritually)So we decided to look around again... we were actually looking for a different Church and could not find it! It was in our GPS but the spot the GPS took us to... nothing! So we drove around looking for awhile and then just decided to head toward the 11 o'clock service of the Church we had been attending. On the way we saw that this Church(the First Church of God in Vincennes) started at 11 as well, so we just turned into the parking lot saying why not! we met so many people and were invited to lunch and ended up going tot he Superbowl party at the Church that night. Everyone had a good time and met new friends. I just have to say God is Good... All the time!!!!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! God is AMAZING! Eddie and I just joined a new church last week. Been looking for months and we finally found a home. It's so nice to feel like I can plug back in! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GLad you guys found somewhere, it can be tough especially if you have felt burned before. We love you guys too, and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete